Monday, July 25, 2011

Paper Thin Leaf Indoor HDTV Antenna - Made in the USA!


I am part of a small group of friends who are gadget enthusiasts. One of us was a cable television technician for 20 years before a television repairman who installed the tower TV antenna systems. We think that the best indoor antennas tend to be cheap, around $ 14 tops. There are lots of manufacturers and distributors of "Amazing digital" indoor antennas, which turns out to be junk and cost up to $ 130 We have tested dozens and eventually end up remains to recommend $ 4 RCA units sold by retailers like Family Dollar and Dollar General. My favorite has no fire flat antenna manufactured in China, sold by Big Lots for $ 14th when I pick up 9-11 digital and HD channels.

Each $ 30 plus the unit I have been advised by the buyer comments, I ended up back as Big Lots unit
did better. So I ordered the Leaf. I had expected some improvement because of the many very high buy rating.
I also thought I could still fall back on. At first I was skeptical. As a buyer here put it "It does not
very similar. "Paper thin and light paper sealed in plastic as my diving license. I thought 'what the hell?
I paid $ 44 for it? "My first placement and receiver scan I was not impressed. Then I read the flyer that
came with it. It goes best results from positioning the cable. Since it is in clear plastic, and I recalled a buyer said she taped it up, I took a thin large box and taped Leaf to the top of it so that the cable can be on the bottom and hanging down and I could move the box to make adjustments on the top of my entertainment system that allows me to meet with Leaf out of a window.

This time when I was scanning the channels I was floored. My TV tuner, 14 channels. I was seriously impressed when I actually try channels. I got 19 channels and a further three (two of them are analog) that do not work well. I can not wait to connect a small amplifier power line. With that I am sure I will get 22 channels, each with an indoor antenna and I do not have to move it to get them all. I can not wait to see what happens when I put Leaf to pick up stations north of me. I live in Canton, Michigan, an hour from Toledo, Ohio. I would not have believed it if a neighbor said he could get a Toledo station with an indoor antenna. I have three! I also get Canada's CBC, 9, an analog channel.

NOTE. I think many times buyers blame on an antenna, a mistake I never see mentioned in the "buyer reviews" of antennas. I'm surprised neither antenna sellers or makers educated buyers about this very real possibility.
Not all receivers are the same, not all receivers in the same TV works. For example, I bought a Haier 10 "laptop as a gift recently. When I tested the TV worked fine. I bought a second one week later as a gift.
The second Haier has a defective receiver. It takes only 2 to 3 channels with the same antenna and same places and positions where I tested the first Haier I bought. The first TV was found 9-11 channels and play them well, except one or two. Other receivers came up with different results each time I ran the scan.

When you find your results with a high purchasing nominal antenna is poor, you want to be sure that the problem is not your tuner not your antenna or your position, your house, etc. I point this out because people talk about all the possibilities starting with regret the aerial and below where their home is, the walls of their homes, etc., but suspect NEVER tuner.

1 comment:

  1. These are some great tips. For those who could use some more specific advice, tips and information about great article thanks for posting. indoor hdtv antenna

    ReplyDelete